Job Title: Corporate Security Officer
Job Reference: ESS/DC/01UTP
Location/Site: Camden, North London, UK
Reports to: Operations Director
To protect our client’s premises from criminal activity and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all those within by protecting them from verbal and physical abuse.
£13.65 per hour, permanent full-time contract (6 month probationary period), work a shift pattern of 3 days, 3 nights,3 off, support your continued professional development, company pension scheme and 28 days’ paid holiday.
At Executive Security Solutions Ltd it is our vision to consistently maintain an ethical and sustainable security business that protects our heritage, as well as our private and commercial clients globally.
It’s our mission to consistently raise standards within the security industry. We always strive to exceed our clients’ expectations of adding value to all that we do, making a difference, a real impact.
Our strong family values are at the core of the excellent service we provide, nurturing all relationships internally and externally with the utmost transparency and loyalty.
ESS are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ provider and hold a Bronze Award in support of the Armed Forces Covenant, are accredited to ISO 9001:2015 and Safe-Contractor approved.
This role requires you to meet all security screening and SIA license requirements. You must be able to work shifts which will include days, nights and weekends as per the site rota. Previous corporate security industry experience or similar is essential, with particular emphasis in good written and oral customer service skills, together with a professional and flexible approach. The ability to think and act quickly in emergency situations, or while under pressure is essential.
Must be physically fit and able to stand/walk for long periods of time, undertake patrol duties both internal/external for up to and over an hour, access/egress control, ascend and decent stairs.
- Maintain a polite, courteous, and friendly manner towards the public, the client and colleagues
- Undertake patrols/inspections at fixed intervals and report in by means of radio or other devices
- Maintain records and logs of daily activities
- Check all doors and windows are properly shut and locked
- Prevent the admittance to the premises of unauthorised persons
- Be vigilant and investigate any unusual conditions/occurrences
- Switch off lights, heaters, fans/air conditioning and other equipment as required
- Report damage to perimeter fencing or other property or buildings which compromise security
- Remain alert and vigilant to activity on the site to ensure risks are minimised through prompt action and reporting
to the Operations Director or site-based engineers
- Report suspicious persons or vehicles immediately to the Operations Director and Police when the situation is perceived as an emergency.
- Investigate all emergency situations, fire alarm, electrical, gas, plumbing and mechanical indicators in the buildings and surrounding areas and respond as per site procedure.
Health & Safety
- Report immediately to the Operations Director any action or inaction which compromise safety
- Maintain a healthy and safe place of work, ensuring all posts are in a clean and tidy condition at all times
- Report missing, damaged or unserviceable equipment to the Operations Director
- Co-operate with Executive Security Solutions and the Client so that the Company can carry out its statutory duty under Health & Safety at work Act 1974 and all statutory provisions
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse any property, equipment IT hardware or systems in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- Submit reports on incidents/accidents as instructed by the Operations Director
- Be aware of and adhere to Executive Security Solutions policies and procedures
- To positively participate in staff welfare and development programmes
- Carry out all other site-specific duties as required by the Operations Director, as detailed in the Assignment Instruction. These may include, but are not limited to mail examination, escorting, random and specific search procedures, vehicle searching and car park and mail duties.
Essential Experience/Skills & Qualifications:
- Hold a valid SIA CP licence (valid)
- First Aid at Work (valid)
- Be smart and well presented at all times ensuring footwear is polished
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have a sound knowledge in basic IT skills
- Be able to provide the highest standard in customer service
- Have previous experience of working within the corporate security industry
- Be able to work without supervision and also as a member of a team
- Be flexible and reliable to meet the role requirements
- Have a calm personality capable of controlling difficult situations
- Have a full five year checkable work history and supply required documentation to be vetted in accordance with BS7858 Security Screening of Individuals employed in a Security Environment.
Desirable Experience/Skills & Qualifications:
- SIA CCTV licence
- First Person on The Scene
- Corporate security experience
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder. All employees have a duty to comply with Executive Security Solutions published policies and procedures.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (GMT) - 30th September 2019
Start Date: (TBC)
Please make a note of the Job Reference before applying
Executive Security Solutions
Green Park House, 15 Stratton Street, Mayfair, London W1J 8LQ.
Registered in England and Wales, Company No. 05538981
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8242 4314