Job Title: Security Team Leader
Job Reference: ESS/DC/02TP
Location/Site: Nr. Bicester, Oxfordshire
Department: Security Operations
Reports to: Operations Director
This role requires you to meet all security screening (BS7858:2019)
As Security Team Leader you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of security operational requirements working as part of a team based within a prestigious Country Estate, protecting the principle and family, personnel, premises, assets and land.
In addition to managing the full-time security team, and ESS security contractors you will ensure they are fully briefed and comply with all company/client protocols, policies, procedures, special instructions, Health and Safety and Assignment Instructions whilst maintaining a high standard of service at all times.
Salary on application (pro-rata), full-time contract, 6 month probationary period
Monday to Friday, 9 hours per day with a 35 minute lunch break (unpaid). In addition to these hours, you will be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime when necessary.
28 days holiday including Bank Holidays (pro-rata) taken in x 5 day blocks where possible, therefore 4 x 5 day blocks with the 8 days remaining as Public Holiday.
ESS supports the continued professional development of their staff, provide a company pension scheme and offer a professional working environment. Includes on-site accommodation only (you are responsible for all other costs).
At Executive Security Solutions Ltd it is our vision to consistently maintain an ethical and sustainable security business that protects our heritage, as well as our private and commercial clients globally. It’s our mission to consistently raise standards within the security industry. We always strive to exceed our clients’ expectations of adding value to all that we do, making a difference, a real impact. Our strong family values are at the core of the excellent service we provide, nurturing all relationships internally and externally with the utmost transparency and loyalty.
ESS are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ provider and hold a Bronze Award in support of the Armed Forces Covenant, are accredited to ISO 9001:2015 and Safe-Contractor approved.
This role requires you to meet all security screening (BS7858:2019) and SIA Close Protection license requirements. You must be able to reside on the Estate and be available to provide disaster assistance in the event of an emergency.
Therefore, the ability to think and act quickly in emergency situations, or while under pressure is essential. Previous residential security experience or similar is essential, with emphasis on excellent communication skills, together with a professional and flexible approach and technical knowledge with regards CCTV, Fire, Intruder & Access Control systems.
Must be physically fit and able to stand/walk for long periods of time, undertake patrol duties both internal/external for up to and over an hour, access/egress control, ascend and decent stairs.
- Management of Residential Security Team, including their performance, regular reviews and carrying out annual
- Rota management ensuring it is kept up to date and distributed to the relevant parties.
- Responsible for the monitoring of security and health safety systems and the logging and reporting of incidents and faults.
- Management of all incidents affecting the residence, staff, visitors or buildings on a shift basis and provide advice and support where possible for the development of the emergency response procedures.
- Investigate and follow up on incidents and events as necessary or when requested to do so by the Estate Manager.
- Abide by the ESS procedures, policies and contractual requirements pertaining to the company services in addition to meeting the client’s protocols and expectations.
- Protect the companies’ interest as a result of internal investigations; provide information to police and where necessary testify in court.
- Ensure that all Sub-Contractors and new starters receive sufficient training to work effectively, including training on a relevant security system and that training records are completed.
- Maintain good working relationships with all departments on the Estate.
- Maintain detailed records of all communications as required under ISO 9001, ESS Company Polices and client’s practices.
- Complete all other reasonable assignments as requested by the Company and the Client.
- Ensure all systems are operating as they should, and if not request immediate assistance from the relevant company, all breakdowns and rectifications should be recorded and reported to the Estate Manager.
- Prepare for all family visits, by checking fire exits, PAB’s, perimeter gates, security vehicle and all medical kits.
- Create, develop and maintain lines of communication with senior house staff, heads of departments, Police/Fire Service, relevant contractors, family advisors including other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and seek to improve the welfare facilities of all security operatives working at the Estate.
- Assist where possible all other Estate Departments, without compromising the principle security role.
- Ensure that all security staff presents a friendly welcome to all visitors, staff, estate residents, and family members.
- The line management and day-to-day welfare of the RST in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Ensure the security team understand the primary responsibility, which is to manage the on-site communication, security systems as well as ensuring the client is kept safe within his abode at all times in conjunction with the
overall security policy and risk assessment.
- Responsible for the monitoring of security and health safety systems and the logging and reporting of incidents and
- The position requires you to always be smartly dressed, setting the highest standards to those under your command, you should always seek to inform and inspire those less knowledgeable than yourself, educating the team/sub-contractors is your responsibility, this ensures they always receive the correct and most relevant information.
You are the first point of contact with regards to the family’s security and other needs and must always respond positively; equally important is the need to address all visitors and residents to the Estate with a polite and helpful
approach. Therefore, it is an expectation that you have the ability to:
- Judgement and Decision-Making; to make quick decisions in emergencies or when rapid response is required based on factual information.
- Problems encountered in this position will be numerous and varied in nature, but all concerned with the protection
of client and his interests such as property, personnel and associates.
- To make rapid decisions under conditions of extreme stress or in a high-risk environment.
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance within your role, part of the team and the wider reach working closely with ESS and Estate Manager.
- Ensure the security team understand their other responsibilities which include the logging of all site information to include calls, and visits, observations from security systems and any other security / facility associated information. Site Assignment Instructions, H&S Risk Assessments and Control Room Manuals will be on site and updated to ensure correct actions are followed in the event of an emergency. Comply with H&S regulations, and all national legal requirements, regulations and laws.
- Carry out Site-Specific Risk Assessments as instructed by ESS’s H&S Co ordinator.
- As directed by the ESS Operations Director, ESS Senior Team or Estate Manager
Essential Experience/Skills & Qualifications:
- Level 5 or above Management Qualification, or working towards
- Hold a valid SIA Close Protection Licence
- Medical: First Person on the Scene or Equivalent
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Full clean UK Driving Licence.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be smart and well presented at all times ensuring footwear is polished
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos
- Have a sound knowledge in basic IT skills
- Be able to provide the highest standard in customer service
- Have previous experience of working within the residential security industry
- Be able to work without supervision and also as a member of a team
- Be flexible and reliable to meet the role requirements
- Have a calm personality capable of controlling difficult situations
- Medical training as listed under qualifications
- Sound knowledge of all electronic security systems, and the willingness to undertake continuous learning in this field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in protection with managerial or supervisory experience within the last two years to include: supervision of personal protection personnel; communications, surveillance equipment, and vehicles; protection of one or more dignitaries; residence and officer security; transportation security; response techniques.
- Have at least a full five year checkable work history and supply required documentation to be vetted in accordance with BS7858:2019 Security Screening of Individuals employed in a Security Environment.
- The strictest confidentiality and compliance with Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) must be adhered to.
- A good working knowledge or experience of game shooting estates especially with regard to laws surrounding hunt saboteurs, public rights of way etc.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Information Technology
- Advanced First Aid qualification
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post. This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder. All employees have a duty to comply with Executive Security Solutions published policies and procedures.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (GMT) - 25th March 2020
Interviews to be held on 31st March 2020
Start Date TBC
Please make a note of the Job Reference before applying
Executive Security Solutions
Green Park House, 15 Stratton Street, Mayfair, London W1J 8LQ.
Registered in England and Wales, Company No. 05538981
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8242 4314